There are plenty of official and not so official Iron Man costumes for both children and adults available for sale. But none have the gadgetry of this one.
One very lucky and cute kid had his father spent two months modding and pimping out the standard child's Iron Man Costume available on the market.
Not only did he add a CO2 air compressor to fire missiles or repulsor waves, but a complete BeagleBoard computer running a makeshift JARVUS along with an Arduino board to handle all of the advanced suit functions.
Below are all the additions made to the IronMan Costume:
- Missile launcher - Uses CO2 air pump can to launch a paper missile.
- SA magnetic switch sensor lights his repulsor hand light and fades out and in his glowing eyes.
- Sound Effects - configured Elightenment17 to playback sound effects using Mplayer script. Mouse buttons activated by Arduino Digital output triggered by sensors.
- A LED night light from Costco embedded in his the chest of the Iron Man Suit.
- Powerful Computer - With BeagleBoard already running in JARVUS box on the back of the Ironman Suit they plan to add more features including a Web cam, mobile router with hotspot and a head-mounted display, VoIP, streaming video of Iron Man view.
The standard Iron Man Costume is available from Amazon.com - is still pretty cool, even without all the extras'