Wednesday 8 October 2008

Halloween Costumes Ideas for Matt Cutts

Matt Cutts... who?
For those of you who don't know, Matt Cutts is a pretty big cheese at Google and as the head of Google's Webspam team, he has plenty to do with search and ranking (SEO) in Google and stuff. Anyway I have been following his blog for quite a while now as it is an excellent source of information on search engine optimisation, good blogging techniques as well being entertaining.

In his latest post, Halloween costume for 2008, Matt asks whether anyone had any ideas for his Halloween Costume this year... I wonder can this blog, Fancy Dress Ideas give him any inspiration?

The Joker Halloween Costume?
As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Joker costume is one of the best selling costumes so far this Halloween, I feel that it may be a bit too obvious for Matt, what we are looking for is something more niche, something easier to rank for or in this case easier to stand out from the crowd in, rather than blend in with the bunch of other Jokers out there.. something that someone interested in search engines and optimising websites for them might be interested in...

Jigsaw Puppet Costume from the SAWThe Jigsaw Puppet perhaps?
I wonder... I don't see Matt as being a very scary character although having never personally met him I could be wrong... I still can't see him in a super scary costume like Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th although what about dressing as the Jigsaw Puppet from the SAW. Somehow I do imagine him enjoying those films, which I personally found way too painful to watch! The character whilst being super scary has a somehow comic appeal and I think goes with my impression of how Matt should dress up this Halloween... The films whilst being main stream, do have a sort of cult following to them and as such make you more unique, easier to stand out from the billions of websites.. er I mean Halloween costumes out there!

What about something more niche, but still something with a strong cult following, so there is still plenty of traffic.. er I mean plenty of people who could look at the costume and immediately know who you were dressing up as and you would look ubber cool?

An Orange Clock?
That's it!... What about dressing up as Alex from A Clockwork Orange? I do hope you guys in the US and especially you Matt know the classic film from 1971 based on a novel by by Anthony Burgess that looks at Britain in the future and how a charismatic delinquent Alex DeLarge is jailed and later volunteers for an experimental aversion therapy developed by the government in an effort to solve society's crime problem... but not all goes to plan. His character makes a perfect Halloween costume, he is super cool as well as scary, the film is well known (here in the UK anyway!) and has a cult following. Perfect!

Clockwork Orange Fancy Dress Costume ideas

Clockwork Orange Costume

So there you have it, my idea as the perfect costume for Matt Cutts: Alex from A Clockwork Orange, hope you enjoy the read!

Happy Halloween!

No comments: